• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suing employee or company?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dawl127

An employee of an auto rebuild shop offered me to go in on a car. He would put in half and I half, he works on it, then sells it and we get the money we put in+the profit. Five months and over four different excuses later, i have not seen the money and am contemplating getting a lawyer. Would this be small claims? Should I sew the company? Notify the owner? Take the employee to small claims and leave the business out of it?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
An employee of an auto rebuild shop offered me to go in on a car. He would put in half and I half, he works on it, then sells it and we get the money we put in+the profit. Five months and over four different excuses later, i have not seen the money and am contemplating getting a lawyer. Would this be small claims? Should I sew the company? Notify the owner? Take the employee to small claims and leave the business out of it?
What does the person's employer have to do with it? Sue the bad guy in small claims court.

(This applies in any state)

dawl127

Well, he worked on the car on the premises of his work, so wouldn't this technically involve the employer also?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">