• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful arrest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

camilatte1

I was arrested in December of 2000 because a grocery store called the police stating that I wrote a stolen check. After I left the store the police pulled me over 2 blocks away.
I was not writing stolen checks but I was still arrested and booked on a Felony charge of writing checks on a closed account. Both accusations were false. The DA dropped the charges but the info still remains on my record. I want to sue the grocery store for wrongfully accusing me and the police for wrongful arrest.
I gave the police all of my info and they still sent me to jail. I had to spend $1000 to bail myself out. Do I have a case?

L

lawrat

You can sue for malicious prosecution, false arrest, and defamation. Usually you can get your court costs, bail, etc. Find yourself an attorney by either calling your state bar association or http://www.attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">