• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being taken to court by the salon that put my hair extensions in (in the UK)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chloe1983

I used to work at a small chain of hair salons & left on good terms over 2 years ago now, but I kept in touch with some of the staff I used to work with.
I recently decided I would like to have some hair extensions & discussed this with one of the girls I used to work with. She said that she would do this for me at the salon if I paid for the hair & that she would do this after work but at the salon.
The salon ordered the hair & I paid on my card directly for the hair.
I went in & had the hair extensions put in, but then I left the salon & settled the bill with the stylist directly at a discounted rate.
The salon then contacted me a few days later asking for a payment for the whole service which was a substantial amount more than I had agreed with the stylist.
They continued to ring me & leave voice messages asking for payment to which I did not reply because I wanted to seek legal advice.
The stylist who carried out the service has subsequently left the salon of her own accord & I have no contact with her.
The owner of the salon took out an online claim against me to which I entered a full statement & then had a letter asking if I would like to go to mediation to which I replied I would on 3rd September.
Today however, I have had a letter from the small claims court with a court date for February.

Does he have a case? And what do I need to do next?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Chloe.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">