• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

motion to vacate a judgment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

williapl

I have an unusal question about a motion to vacate a judgment on behalf of a realitive. My father recently passed away in the state of AZ and in the process he had a defualt of judgment passed on to him. He suffered a major stroke on 8/05/09, hospitalized on life support (ventalator). An affidavit of default and entry of defualt came on 8/12/09 while still in the hospital. During his six weeks of hospitalization he was not coherient. Can I from the state of WA file for a motion to vacate on his behalf?

Proserpina

I have an unusal question about a motion to vacate a judgment on behalf of a realitive. My father recently passed away in the state of AZ and in the process he had a defualt of judgment passed on to him. He suffered a major stroke on 8/05/09, hospitalized on life support (ventalator). An affidavit of default and entry of defualt came on 8/12/09 while still in the hospital. During his six weeks of hospitalization he was not coherient. Can I from the state of WA file for a motion to vacate on his behalf?
When was the suit actually filed and when was your father served?

williapl

The suit was filed on 6/04/09 and served on 6/29/09. Nothing went into action until August, and finalized 10/7/09.

Proserpina

The suit was filed on 6/04/09 and served on 6/29/09. Nothing went into action until August, and finalized 10/7/09.
Did Dad answer the suit?

(He usually has only a certain amount of time in which to do so, but this may depend on the type of suit...so was exactly was filed?)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">