• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A towing company sold my car without my permission while it was under my name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

arturo8907

A couple of months ago, I gave my car to a towing company so that they could dismantle it after I had crashed it in a car accident. A few months later, I received a parking ticket and and letter from the sheriff's department saying that my car was impounded for being parked in the wrong place and that I will have to wait 30 days to get my car out of the impound. So it turned out that someone else was driving my car because the towing company that I gave my car to so that they would dismantle it instead fixed it and sold it to someone else without my permission and while the car was still under my name. So now I have to pay a parking ticket and about more than 1,000 dollars to take my car out of the impound. So my question is if I could sue the towing company that sold my car?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">