• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful termination - whistle blowing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dismissed last year from securities firm, defamatory comment placed onto my license and have current legal representation. man who fired me, fired 4 others as well, and multiple disciplinary actions were taken against him for sexual harrassment just one month after my dismissal.
(the sexual harrassment was filed by the young lady he replaced me with)
too many factors to explain here, but my question is this.
if part of my settlement includes clearing my license and emotional award, how much has been typically acceptable by arbitration panels in the past for an emoptional award?

being a financial person, how can I assess whether to continue with the dispute or cut my losses, so to speak?

A

Attorney_Replogle

Buddy, let me be frank with you. You are on the path of destroying your professional relationship with your own attorney. All of these concerns you should have discussed with your own attorney. If you have and are not satisfied with his/her answers, then get another attorney.

wrongful termination

Dear Mr. Replogle: Thanks for your response although, I'd like you to expound on how my asking you this simple question is bordering on ruining the current relationshiop with my present counsel? Unless you magically know who my atty is and plan to tell him I asked you this question, then how will he know?
Is there anything wrong with being slightly prepared to discuss this with him? Is there any reason why I can't do some of my own due diligence?
Please explain what you mean?
Olivia

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">