• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ant infestation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

karbar971757

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
My neighbors tree has overgrown branches that extend onto my property. No big deal except that their tree is infested with "white footed ants". The ants traveled from their tree, onto my fence, up the walls of my home and have created a huge nest in my soffet, attic and in my home. I've hired professional pest control that was able to follow the ants and therefore revealed the nest under their tree. I've spent $400 for the initial treatment but because these pests are so hearty, they will require monthly treatment at $60/month for the next year. I've talked to my neighbors and they don't seem to care about it. I've trimmed their branches away from my fence (those that lapsed onto my property) so prevent the ants from further infestation. Shouldn't my neighbor's be liable for my costs?:mad:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">