• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being sued for a friends favor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

haffer95

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota

I have been served over a favor a friend did for me, he had experience in carpet laying and i had asked him to help me lay some carpet. We had only a verbal agreement that was if he helped me i would help him, that is it no other agreement of about how much work or any $ amount. We then had a falling out over a business our wives ran, which we GAVE to them at no charge just to get away from these people. We than recently recieved papers and are being sued for $600 to install the carpet that i helped with. These people were our friends and obvisouly we have done favors for them as well.

What my question is, do they have a case? can i really be sued and lose the judgment because he did a favor to me?

Can i counter sue for any of the favors i did for him, to make warrant a dollar amount and make things even?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">