• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Refund

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

iboughtit

I signed a contract with a major health club for a six week salsa lesson in November. The class was post poned several times. In January, I called the health club and the receptionist said the class was canceled. I called the manager in charge of sign ups and she said that the person was mistaken, the class was postponed again. I told her that I was interested in taking the class immediately and would like a refund to sign up somewhere else. The manager agree to the refund but acknowledge that she didn't know how to process it and would get back to me. I already completed an 8 week salsa course and I called again about the refund. She still had to look into it. She called two days ago and said that she could not refund the money because I signed a contract stating the club has the right to postpone classes. What can I do since I signed the contract? She verbally said I could have the refund and I already took the class somewhere else. Now what?

State of Maryland

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">