• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No proof of insurance in MN

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nobody12

I was stopped in Minnesota and found not to have proof of insurance. I was issued a citation with a court date, or a number to call.

I didn't have insurance on the vehicle because I am returning to MN after a five month stay in WI, where I found it not to be necessary-- due to limited need to drive.

Having come back to MN I would have insured it by now but have not settled on a permanent residence. Is there any leniency being that I have no place of residence as of yet, and am coming from WI?

Thanks

ecmst12

None at all. If your car is registered, it MUST be insured. If you drive at ALL, it is monumentally stupid to not have insurance on it. IF you get insurance before your court date, you might get a little leniency...or maybe not.

ecmst12

You don't live in WI anymore and you weren't driving there. So even if that's true (which I'm not sure of without doing some research), it doesn't matter. And doesn't change the fact that it's REALLY STUPID to drive without insurance, whether it's legally required or not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">