• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Any recourse?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kmsdesigns

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio.
Do I have any legal recourse against my ex-business partner who repossessed a vehicle that I was maintaining and paying for, who decided to break our verbal agreement that it was my truck as long as I was paying for it. While the truck was in his name, I was making all repairs, maintenance, insurance, and payments. When our business relationship ended I still maintained and kept the vehicle for over 6 months. He asked me to refinance it in my name and I was not able to find financing. Now without any forewarning he took it back and I'm stuck without a vehicle. Is there any legal recourse?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio.
Do I have any legal recourse against my ex-business partner who repossessed a vehicle that I was maintaining and paying for, who decided to break our verbal agreement that it was my truck as long as I was paying for it. While the truck was in his name, I was making all repairs, maintenance, insurance, and payments. When our business relationship ended I still maintained and kept the vehicle for over 6 months. He asked me to refinance it in my name and I was not able to find financing. Now without any forewarning he took it back and I'm stuck without a vehicle. Is there any legal recourse?
If the vehicle is not in your name, you are SOL; but then again you knew that because Zigner already appropriately answered your question

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Duplicate post: https://forum.freeadvice.com/civil-litigation-46/personal-property-rights-490191.html

Antigone*

kmsdesigns
Junior Member Join Date: Oct 2009

Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your honest and blunt answer. Zeigler told me to buy a new vehicle, which I am already in the process of doing. But I posted it again to get another answer that wasn't condescending but factual. You assured my little knowledge of the law that in fact I am sol. Thanks again. One last question, someone suggested that I can file a judgment and let a judge decide. Is that worth my time or in your opinion am I still SOL? Make it two questions... Are you a licensed lawyer?
Hey Zig,

Thought you'd get a kick out of this.

OP don't waste your time. That "someone" who made that suggestion is no too bright. Like I said, you are SOL ~ Get a new car.

As for your last question, read the TOS.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">