• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Restaurant car damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ntwill

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CT

my car was damaged as I pulled into a parking space at a restaurant. They had a cement blocks that usually sits at the head of a space. However this one was not sitting at the head - part of it was slanted into the space. Because my car is high and I pulled into the space from an angle and couldn't see the ground. So my car pulled over the cement and damge was done to my bumper. I contacted the owner and he told me to get an estimate, I got 2 estimates the best being $1088.00. Once I presented that to him he stopped returning my calls until I sent a letter about court. He then called and offered $250. Ofcourse I declined and we are going to small claims court. Do I have a case? If my vehicle was damaged on his property isn't he responsible? I know if someone's vehicle was damaged on my property I would be responsible. Just need advice.

Mass_Shyster

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CT

my car was damaged as I pulled into a parking space at a restaurant. They had a cement blocks that usually sits at the head of a space. However this one was not sitting at the head - part of it was slanted into the space. Because my car is high and I pulled into the space from an angle and couldn't see the ground. So my car pulled over the cement and damge was done to my bumper. I contacted the owner and he told me to get an estimate, I got 2 estimates the best being $1088.00. Once I presented that to him he stopped returning my calls until I sent a letter about court. He then called and offered $250. Ofcourse I declined and we are going to small claims court. Do I have a case? If my vehicle was damaged on his property isn't he responsible? I know if someone's vehicle was damaged on my property I would be responsible. Just need advice.
My prediction is that you will lose because you hit a stationary object with your car.

Hoons

How did the parking block damage your bumper if your car sits too high for you to see it? Just wondering.

Ntwill

Get a life

It so funny with the message boards - you are obviously in need of advice, but people will get on here and make smart remarks and accusations. They obviously have nothing better to do the browse message boards all day. Get a life. For those of you that were helpful - thanks. I have consulted with a real lawyer and he advised me to go to small claims - he said I would win!

Oh and the damage is to the lower bumper of my car 7" from the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">