• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who is responsilbe now?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shanska

Who is responsible now!???

In Feb. of 2000 i bought a brand new camaro z28 from a new car dealership in Ohio. After having it home i found that there was something in the paint of this "new" car. By accident we found out at the dealership that it was damaged on their lot, before my purchase. They fixed the car, and and i was never told. I did find out that there is a code that allows a new car to be damaged and repaired, without it being disclosed to the customer; as long as its not more than 6% of the sticker price! They said they would correct the damage and i gave them the opportunity to do so! The workmanship of their bodyshop is absolutely aweful! They actually have done more damage now than was originally there in the first place! I have been in contact with the Better Business Bureau and the Attorney Generals Office too! Here is the problem now, i was just recently informed that the dealership has sold to another company now! My problem has been waiting and now i dont know who is responsible! The dealership i bought from, or the company that bought them out!? Im going to file in a small claims court as soon as i know who is now responsible! I have never asked for anything more than to have my car fixed! So now i want to know if i can ask for more than the damages, and how do i go about that and who is the responsible party now!? Its been close to a year and i want to get this over and done with!

A

acoalson

Your problem lies within the dealership. You bought the car from them. The company that owns it now has two options:they can pay the fees to fix the car and be reimbersed by the previous owner or they can skip the "middle man" and bring the previous owner back in to settle this matter. Either way the organization you are after is the dealership that sold you the vehicle, no matter who owns it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">