• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Asbestosis settlement?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kenham456

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington. My mother in law recently died from cancer related to her asbestosis.
In WW2 she worked at Todd Shipyards in Long Beach California and handled asbestos. In later years she came down with asbestosis and breast cancer. Her daughters tell me that she had participated in a class action lawsuit of asbestosis sufferers but don't know who the lawyer was.
Is there a way of finding the name of the lawyer or if the lawsuit was settled and if she was a party in the suit?

wyett717

Do you have access to all of your mother's personal records? You would likely have to search through those to find your answer. Good luck!

kenham456

Some relatives thought they would do all a favor and throw everything away. I thought perhaps there would be a govt file of some sort. Oh well.
thanks

Proserpina

Some relatives thought they would do all a favor and throw everything away. I thought perhaps there would be a govt file of some sort. Oh well.
thanks

A small technical point: please be aware that you have no standing to do anything legally other than help research the matter.

Having said that these may prove of interest to you:

Dilts Brief, on petition for review of a an order of the Benefits Review Board

Todd Shipyards: Oakland - Mesothelioma and Asbestos Exposure (this is an attorney site; I am not affiliated with or have any connection with the company whatsoever)

Dandy Don

Do some research on the Internet using the name Todd Shipyards to see if any court cases are mentioned. If you know the county where the company is located, search on county courthouse records and/or federal court records for that area and/or consult with a local paralegal or attorney who might have access to Lexis-Nexis databases which might make the search easier.

What do you intend to do with the information IF there is a case that she participated in?

Johncon121

Thanks for the nice post. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us

CSO286

thanks for the nice post. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what i was looking for, and i am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us
Stop necroposting!!!!

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Thanks for the nice post. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us
Oh, quit necroposting. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">