• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accident reported on wrong license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sniperwlf85

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA

I'm not sure what category to put this in, or if this is even a legal issue.

I just found out less than 2 weeks ago that there is an accident on my driving record that is not mine. To make a long story short, there was an accident with the driver at fault reported on my license on 12/25/07. The officer wrote the wrong number down and I have been paying an inflated insurance premium since then. Since finding out, I have had the report fixed.

I'm wondering if I can my money back that I've been paying for 2 years on a mistake that was not my fault? And if I can, who do I get it from and how?

Last edited:

ecmst12

Call your insurance company and send them the proof that it was a mistake. And next time, pay more attention.

sniperwlf85

I already corrected the mistake with the insurance company.

And my question was if there is anything I can do about getting any of the money wasted back?

sniperwlf85

And you need to ask YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY that question.
I just changed insurance companies because mine was charging me way too much. Which is how I found out about the report. I wanted to first ask the question to people who would not have anything to lose before I contacted my old insurance company.

I figured that an insurance company would not easily give any money back and I wanted to find out first what my options were and if I was even within my right to get anything back.

This is a forum for people with questions about legal matters...I don't need to be told to pay more attention next time or to ask my insurance company. Those answers are obvious as I am now trying to fix the problem. I'm looking for GOOD advice.

Thanks.

JustAPal00

I'm not sure that I agree with the above. I had an error many years ago and didn't find out for almost a year. I was refunded the difference. I didn't switch companies though, I noticed the error on my annual statement.

ecmst12

Since he is no longer a customer, his old company isn't going to be motivated by "good customer service". If he was still a customer, I would think that they would at least refund him for the most recent policy period's difference. Now that they've already lost the customer, I don't think the law compels them to do a thing. Had it been me, you can bet the very first time I saw a premium increase I'd be on the phone with them wanting to know why.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">