• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

feather touch bumper....park...accident...?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dnat1

Ohio......

I was parking on public street.....while in a tight spot I was backing up and feather touched the car bumper behind me.....then moved up 6 inches....
guy had plenty of room behind him to back out......owner comes out and says U hit my car......I just touched with rubber bumper...there was absolutey no damage...but the guy called police and I got ticket for illegal backing....
and is a moving violation...2pts on record.....im pleading not guilty.....
but the cop said he saw some slight damage to the guy's grill which is total BS....(guy was freind of cop) my bumper doesnt even come to this guy's grill....so dont I have the right to take pictures of this car ....and have a body shop look at it....before my court date...for expert opinion.....?

thanks David G in ohio

ecmst12

Your ticket has nothing to do with whether the other guy has damage. Let your insurance handle that investigation. The ticket was correct but you are welcome to try to get it reduced to a no-point ticket.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">