• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

restraining order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

davelyn

my ex-husbands new fiance' is continuously calling me and mailing me letters. iam re-married and are in the process of having my new husband adopt my daughter from my previous marriage. can i get a restraining order on her to keep her from calling and writing me. we all live in the state of texas just not in the same city or county. thanks to anyone who can help me catch some kind of sanity.

K

kiki

So, return her letters unopened and unread. Don't take her calls, get an answering machine and screen all incoming calls. Where I live using the telephone to "harass" someone is a criminal offense.

kiki

T

TBTN

save all the letters being sent and also have answer machine so it can be recorded to show that she had been harrassing you, and get a restraining order imediately. letters can be used for evidence in courts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">