• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

excessively load radio

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

ranman

iwork in a body shop in bozeman montana, and my co-workers play the radio so loud that even when I wear my ear protectors i can still hear how loud the music is. i have ask that it be turned down in the past but they refuse. i have gone to management but they don't want to get involved. can i be fired if i go to the owner of the dealership saying that it needs to be turned down,as it affects my hearing and my attitude,causing stress within my self.

D

D. D. Lessenberry

ranman said:
iwork in a body shop in bozeman montana, and my co-workers play the radio so loud that even when I wear my ear protectors i can still hear how loud the music is. i have ask that it be turned down in the past but they refuse. i have gone to management but they don't want to get involved. can i be fired if i go to the owner of the dealership saying that it needs to be turned down,as it affects my hearing and my attitude,causing stress within my self.
You went through the right chain of command, manager first. Your next step would be to see the owner. But, I would get a doctor's note stating loud music annoys you, raises your stress level, etc. Can you be fired? We can be fired for any reason or no reason, according to attorneys. Also, be prepared for the ire of the manager.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">