• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI Accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

huahualover1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

My hubby was at a stop light in his work vehicle and was rear ended by a person that was subsequently arrested for DUI. He was not transported to the hospital at the time, but did go later on because he felt really stiff.

We are looking at hospital fee's, time off work, etc. I know the company will go after her insurance for damage to the truck but where does that leave us?

Any advice on steps we need to take would be appreciated. thanksWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

huahualover1

I guess I should have been more specific. Does he speak directly with their insurance company or is that something we need to hire an attorney for?

ecmst12

The FIRST thing he needs to do is seek medical attention and find out what kind of treatment will be needed. Stiffness isn't much of an injury, he might even feel better on his own in a week or 2...and shouldn't need any time off of work either. Then you advise the other person's insurance that you will be making a medical claim, and after all his treatment is DONE and he feels better, he makes a demand to cover his medical bills and what he feels is a fair amount for pain and suffering.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">