• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Coverage Investigation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

toria123

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California...I was in a vehicle accident on Oct. 7, 2009. Now, when all this happened, got off the car went to the other person, first asked if she was ok...then she right away proceeded with, of course, a sad story, about how bad shes had it, she has two children, she was going to her new job (first day), etc. etc. She did state that she was at fault, I did have a witness too. After all the crying and sobbing I (dummy) began to feel bad. Then I asked for her insurance, her repoonse was oh, I dont have my paperwork...so then I said I will call the police to make the report. She no please, I said why? I dont want to get in trouble...I should have known from that reaction something wasn't right. But no...I continued to fall for her sad story and me a Mother of three, yeah, fell for it. Anyways make a long story short, I asked or her information, she gave it to me. Then proceeded on my way to work. My vehicle barelt making it to work and back home. Then the next day Octt. 8, 2009 this woman calls me, to notify me that she had put her claim in??? ok, I though courtesy call, then she comes out saying that she put inthe claim as of the 8th of Oct. I was shocked, asking her why??? well, of course, she was lapsed on her insurance and she just paid it the same day fo the accident Oct. 7th. OMG! I freaked out...her adjuster from Mercury called me and asked me questions as to when the accident happended...why I said the 8th, it was because I was scared...I though because she already said that I had to too. But then again I was insured and still am. I wasnt going to gain anything by lying. After Mercury began to hound me for information of the date of the accident, This woman called me and I told her you better makes things right, because I had and have no need to be in this predicament. I have insurance and had insurance. Mercury provided me with a rental, which I ended paying for $601.00 out of pocket. I have unisured motorist not collision. So now, they are not sending my insurance the denial of insurance letter that my inusurer is requesting so they can take care of my vehicle that has been at a Mercury and Allstate approved shop...since the 12th of Oct. Mercury has admitted to Allstate that thier client was not inusred, but wont send a denial letter??? Am I being punished for being a dumb good samaritan??? I only felt bad for this woman, again I WASN'T GOING TO GAIN ANYTHING FROM THIS...I just want my car fixed...What can I do? Please help me

Last edited:

ecmst12

Lying to the insurance company will not get you anywhere. You can make a claim on YOUR insurance if you have full coverage, and let THEM worry about going after the other person. Or you can sue her in small claims court since obviously she was uninsured on the date of the accident.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">