• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ticket w/ an accident...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lib7385

I was recently in an accident over the weekend. The roads were wet, a big curve was coming and I knew I had to slow down. The moment I stepped on my breaks my car started spinning out of control and I slammed into a cement wall on the highway, crossed the lanes and slammed into another wall. Fortunately no one else was involved and I walked away w/ only a few burises. The cop gave me a ticket for unsafe lane change. Is there a way to fight this? I do not believe I should have gotten this ticket, he wasn't there to witness what happened, and I wasn't unsafely changing lanes, I was trying to stay in my lane.

ecmst12

Unsafe lane change probably carries a lighter penalty then reckless or careless driving or failure to maintain control, which is what you SHOULD have gotten.

Country Living

You were driving too fast for conditions. You're lucky you didn't hurt someone else or have more serious injuries.

It's "brakes" not "breaks".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">