• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

insurance company says its not liable

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tparr

i was in a accident with 5 cars and i was the 3 car it was a domino affect. the 2 car was cited for the accident. there company told me today they were not liable for mine or the 2 other cars. what can i do to get my car fixed by there insurane company.

tparr

i was in a accident with 5 cars and i was the 4 car it was a domino affect. the 2 car was cited for the accident. there company told me today they were not liable for mine or the 2 other cars. what can i do to get my car fixed by there insurane company. it was in georgia car #1 stopped car #2 hit car #1 and then #3 hit #2, #4 hit #3 and #5 hit #4

tparr

i was in a accident with 5 cars and i was the 4 car it was a domino affect. the 2 car was cited for the accident. there company told me today they were not liable for mine or the 2 other cars. what can i do to get my car fixed by there insurane company. it was in georgia car #1 stopped car #2 hit car #1 and then #3 hit #2, #4 hit #3 and #5 hit #4. car #2 admited to not paying attention. car #3 may have told the insurance company that she was hit into #2 but she did hit car #2 first. i think this might have something to do with it. also will my insurance company fight for me to fix my car by the at fault driver.

wyett717

You will be liable for repairs for the car you hit. If car #5 hit you from behind, they are liable for your repairs.

ecmst12

Were you totally stopped when you were hit?

You are also numbering the cars wrong. If all the cars were in a row, then the last car in the line is #1. And if all the other cars were stopped, then that car is liable for ALL the repairs. But they won't be able to make any payment until all the bills are received so that they can be sure the policy limits are sufficient to cover it. So what reason are they giving you for not being liable?

If you have collision coverage, you can definitely turn it over to your insurance company and let them worry about recovering from the at-fault party.

Now, if there were multiple impacts and multiple at-fault vehicles, the whole thing is going to be horrifically complicated to figure out.

Also, posting with sentences (including punctuation and capital letters) and paragraphs makes your posts MUCH easier to read.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Were you totally stopped when you were hit?

You are also numbering the cars wrong. If all the cars were in a row, then the last car in the line is #1. And if all the other cars were stopped, then that car is liable for ALL the repairs. But they won't be able to make any payment until all the bills are received so that they can be sure the policy limits are sufficient to cover it. So what reason are they giving you for not being liable?

If you have collision coverage, you can definitely turn it over to your insurance company and let them worry about recovering from the at-fault party.

Now, if there were multiple impacts and multiple at-fault vehicles, the whole thing is going to be horrifically complicated to figure out.

Also, posting with sentences (including punctuation and capital letters) and paragraphs makes your posts MUCH easier to read.

Here's the way *I* understood it:

Front car stopped - totally blameless
Then, second car hit first car
Then, third car hit second car
Then, fourth car hit third car
Then, fifth car hit fourth car

ecmst12

Well, if that's what happened.....it's a horrific mess and I would hate to be any of the adjusters involved. And OP should definitely let his insurance handle it if he has the coverage.

VeronicaLodge

seems simple, they were all following too close and/or going to fast, 2 is at fault to 1, 3 is at fault to 2, 4 is at fault to 3, and 5 is at fault to 4.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
seems simple, they were all following too close and/or going to fast, 2 is at fault to 1, 3 is at fault to 2, 4 is at fault to 3, and 5 is at fault to 4.
Yes, that would generally be true...

But what about the additional damage caused to car 1 by the impact of car 3 upon car 2, etc.?

ecmst12

Exactly, if car 4 hits car 5 and is then hit by car 3, most likely it will make 4 hit 5 a second time, compounding the damage. And so on down the line. You have to interview everyone to find out how many impacts they felt and so on. Like I said, HUGE mess. Nothing simple about it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">