• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex Owes Money - Small Claims Court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kuehnau

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin

You may have remembered my old thread in which I explained how my Girlfriend took out a loan on her Ex's Mother's request to bail her Ex out of jail. Well after thinking about it, she sent out a certified letter in which she requested immediate payments and that by the next payment due date, the loan be totally paid off.

It doesn't seem like they are going to pay. Her Ex claims the letter was being sent to an attorney, but we seriously doubt it. But you never know.

Here are the facts:

His Mother asked her to take out a loan and promised to help pay it back.

My Girlfriend did in fact take out a loan to bail her Ex out of Jail. We hope to get a copy of the bail release with her name on it.

The Mother did make a single payment of $108.00

The Mother had made various promises in e-mail and cell phone text that she would pay her back.

What do you think? Do you think my girlfriend has a legal leg to stand on at all? Tomorrow she is going to go into the process of filing for small claims court. She is going to print off all e-mails and texts she has, get a copy of the loan statement and hopefully get a copy of the bail release with her signed name on it.

Do you have any advice for her, or perhaps other things she should bring to court or try to remember. This is a scary new thing she is doing and any help or advise would be much appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">