• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Time frame limit for auto accident injury claims

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

accidentq

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

I had an auto accident on 10/11/2007 and last night (11/03/2009 ) I received the court paper for someone's body injury from that accident filed on court on 10/21/2009. Can the person still file any claims after more than two years of accident and is this case still valid ? From what I am reading online in State of New Jersey this is a two-year limitation to file a claim for injury, is that right ? Please kindly advise.

Best regards.

H Zhang

ecmst12

The SOL is 2 years but this will probably be accepted by the court. Report it to your insurance company (at the time of the accident) and they will provide for your defense.

accidentq

The SOL is 2 years but this will probably be accepted by the court. Report it to your insurance company (at the time of the accident) and they will provide for your defense.
Thanks for the quick response. After I received the court paper, I sent it over to my insurance company, does that mean they are going to handle everything from here and I don't have to response to the court any more. I know there is a certain days response limitation onmy side. I haven't heard anything back from my insirance company yet, just want to make sure I understand the procedure and have everything covered.

Thanks again for information.

ecmst12

Do NOT do anything unless your insurance company tells you to. They will be assigning an attorney to you and he/she will be in contact with you. You can call them if you have any questions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">