• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I protect myStatutes of Limitations?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kgerhart1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

How do I go about protecting my statutes of Limitations? I'm involved in trying to settle an automobile personal injury claim. The statutes of limitations is to expire on 11/30/2009. I was told by someone in Harrisburg that I need to file something with the Prothrontary's Office at the Chester County Court of Common Pleas, however they didn't know exactly what I needed to file and when I called the Court HOuse they would/could not give me any advise of direct me in any path as that would be considered legal advise.

Can anyone help me..The insurance company I'm trying to work with is in my opinion just trying to run this out of time....What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

How do I go about protecting my statutes of Limitations? I'm involved in trying to settle an automobile personal injury claim. The statutes of limitations is to expire on 11/30/2009. I was told by someone in Harrisburg that I need to file something with the Prothrontary's Office at the Chester County Court of Common Pleas, however they didn't know exactly what I needed to file and when I called the Court HOuse they would/could not give me any advise of direct me in any path as that would be considered legal advise.

Can anyone help me..The insurance company I'm trying to work with is in my opinion just trying to run this out of time....What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
the courthouse cannot advise you. you will need to speak to an attorney if you do not know how to file a summons and complaint. and very quickly.

ecmst12

You need to file a lawsuit. You need an attorney. You will probably have a hard time finding one at this late date.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">