• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Would I be covered

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rkwhite

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minn. If I have Insurance on my car. and I buy a second car will the insurance from first car cover second car to drive it home.

ecmst12

Not exactly, but you do have a reasonable amount of time to add the car to your policy. It's obviously best if you call your insurance company from the dealership to add it to the policy, but if you wait until you get home, or even a few days, that will be ok. The main problem you could have is that if you only have liability on the first car, then that's all you'll have on the second car if you were to get into an accident before you officially add it. No comp, no collision, etc. You'll have the same coverage that you have on the first car, no more and no less.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">