• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should I Have to Pay Maintenances Fee for Condos that was close for more than 2 year

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tks5535

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

I purchase a few units in 2006. I made an agreement with a management company that was base on the property to help me managed the property. They facilitate with renting the units and any maintenance that was needed for one year. I paid all my maintenance fees upfront and before the due date. The property management board when through some changes and the new members decided to shut down operation. I continue paying my maintenance fees for three months after and decided to stop since the units were not brining in any income. It became very challenging to continue paying for these units when I’m getting nothing out of them. The board of directors of the association are now pressuring me to pay all the past months, plus late payment, interest and whatever other expense they can think of. According to them my outstanding total is $15K. How is this possible to have to pay maintenance fee (that should have cover electricity, water, sewer, cable and common area expense) when the business was close? :confused:

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

I purchase a few units in 2006. I made an agreement with a management company that was base on the property to help me managed the property. They facilitate with renting the units and any maintenance that was needed for one year. I paid all my maintenance fees upfront and before the due date. The property management board when through some changes and the new members decided to shut down operation. I continue paying my maintenance fees for three months after and decided to stop since the units were not brining in any income. It became very challenging to continue paying for these units when I’m getting nothing out of them. The board of directors of the association are now pressuring me to pay all the past months, plus late payment, interest and whatever other expense they can think of. According to them my outstanding total is $15K. How is this possible to have to pay maintenance fee (that should have cover electricity, water, sewer, cable and common area expense) when the business was close? :confused:
**A: simple, read your condo docs. You owe the $$$$$.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">