• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Where to file in Colorado?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dgj

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

I need to file to protect my right to a settlement before the statute runs out on my auto claim on Nov. 10, next week. I have searched for hours and I can not find which court I file in or what filing I make. A reasonable settlement will exceed the small claims amount and the 15,000 county civil amount - it would be closer to 80 to 100,000 based on similar cases and settlements.

Can you please tell me in which court in my state I would file and the name of the filing? Also, is there anyone designated in that court to assist citizens with filings?

ecmst12

You need a lawyer to file other then in small claims court. It could very well be too late for you to find one willing to take the case now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">