• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mass - Failure to obey Traffic Sign (Red Light)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ericg

I was stopped by a cop for failing to stop at a red light. He gave me a $50 ticket and said he was being nice and gave me a ticket for failing to obey a traffic sign as opposed to failing to stop at a red light ($150 fine). He said the failing to obey a sign will not impact my insurance. My insurance agent disagreed and said this is considered a moving violation. Does anyone have any insight on this? This took place place in Boston MassWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

ecmst12

It may be considered a moving violation (or it may not, agents are NOT underwriters and they screw things up all the time), but it is almost CERTAINLY a less severe one then running a red light, so won't affect your premium as much. I hope you thanked the cop!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">