• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lease for Office Space Rental

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sashenie

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

I signed a lease to rent a office space, but in the lease after I signed I realized that it states in the basic agreement that "As a matter of fair and equal access and usage of the facilities by all Licensees, the Licensor cannot enter into a License Agreement with agencies, on-site recruiters, or any other business that will see numerous visitors/clients on a regular basis." I spoke to them about that clause because my main business is recruting security guards, in which I see numerous visitors on a regular basis. He told me would do something about that.

They charged my credit card and I did not occupy any space because of the clause and they did not fix it. Then when I went there because they said I had to occupy room, someone else was in the room occupying it. The door nob was off and they said that I left the door open and anyone could come in. In a letter to the bank they did acknowledge that someone was in my room but it was just my neighbor because I left the door unlocked. Then they go on to say that they think it is only fair for me to pay for the time I occupied the premises. But I did not infact occupy the premises.

Basically I am trying to get my money back, and I took them to small claims court. I would like to know if I would be able to receive my money back, and can they sue me for the lease for one year? They threatened to take me to court for that, if I pursued.

Sasha

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">