• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

settle ???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brookts

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

Not sure what to do. My daughter was in auto accident as passanger - drivers fault (not hers) insurance company offered her 2000.00 as settlement. she is still having hip problems and has a scar on her face and 2 bad scars on one knee - you can see the scars through pantihose very clearly. She is young (19) and has the attitude " I don't want to take advantage" I am concerned that later in life she will want to have her scars fixed (her boyfriend keeps giving her a hard time about how bad they show) and also concerned about the hip - DR says the issue with hip may be something she has to live with but feels it will get better over time. However he is not the one who gets the crying phone calls when she is hurting really bad. The wreck was almost 6 months ago. Any recommendations?

ecmst12

If she is still in enough pain to bring on tears, she needs more treatment and should not be thinking about settling. Back to the doctor for further studies and PT or chiro treatment. An MRI may be needed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">