• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

owner disputes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

freya0

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA
I own one of 3 units in a Boston condo building. The woman who owns the 3rd floor unit has consistently ignored the condo rules with regards to community space since I moved in 3 years ago and there have been heated discussions with her about this on many occasions. The previous owners of the first floor finally had enough and sold their unit last fall (at a loss). Today she convinced a strange man who was working on a house nearby to gain access to my private deck in order to get a broken planter that fell off her small roof ledge onto my deck. I was horrified to walk into my living room and see a strange man standing a few feet away on the other side of a glass french door. Luckily I was partially clothed. This was clearly an invasion of my privacy not to mention trespassing. I called the police and had a police report done but they told me that I could not press charges because I don't have a sign posted on my porch saying "private property". I feel like this has now reached the point of legal action against the woman on the 3rd floor. My condo docs stipulate that any disagreements between owners go through mediation first but I'm wondering what my rights are from that point and if this will simply be an exercise in futility. Any advise or further information on this matter would be much appreciated. Thanks.
:confused:

freya0

addendum to previous

I forgot to mention that that I am on the second floor and the stranger that she convinced to get her broken planter from my private deck used a ladder to get up to the second floor and then to climb over the rails. She was also fully aware that I was at home when she duped this poor man into doing this. Do I have any legal recourse against this insane woman who lives above me? Do owners have rights with regards to other owners who ignore the rules and regulations set down by the condo docs with regards to community space. I literally come home from work and she is outside in her bathrobe planting things in the yard without asking anyone first! :mad:

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA
I own one of 3 units in a Boston condo building. The woman who owns the 3rd floor unit has consistently ignored the condo rules with regards to community space since I moved in 3 years ago and there have been heated discussions with her about this on many occasions. The previous owners of the first floor finally had enough and sold their unit last fall (at a loss). Today she convinced a strange man who was working on a house nearby to gain access to my private deck in order to get a broken planter that fell off her small roof ledge onto my deck. I was horrified to walk into my living room and see a strange man standing a few feet away on the other side of a glass french door. Luckily I was partially clothed. This was clearly an invasion of my privacy not to mention trespassing. I called the police and had a police report done but they told me that I could not press charges because I don't have a sign posted on my porch saying "private property". I feel like this has now reached the point of legal action against the woman on the 3rd floor. My condo docs stipulate that any disagreements between owners go through mediation first but I'm wondering what my rights are from that point and if this will simply be an exercise in futility. Any advise or further information on this matter would be much appreciated. Thanks.
:confused:
**A: what did the Board President tell you to do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">