• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I win but I lose!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tchrrie

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania
I won a judgement in district court. I have waited the 30 days for the defendant to appeal. Nothing. I just took off work for the 3rd day to go file paperwork for them to sell his belongings. They tell me it will cost $233. What else can I do?? Why can't they do a wage attachment??

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania
I won a judgement in district court. I have waited the 30 days for the defendant to appeal. Nothing. I just took off work for the 3rd day to go file paperwork for them to sell his belongings. They tell me it will cost $233. What else can I do?? Why can't they do a wage attachment??
Wage garnishments are not allowed in your state. You can levy his bank account or sell his belongings. You will pay for the services rendered for collecting your judgement and those costs will be added to the judgement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">