• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex parte 2 offense

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cjf111

I live in missouri. My former boyfriend and I purchased a home over 2 years ago. We have since parted ways. Both of us are still on the mortgage and due to domestic violence I have had to protect myself with a restraining order which is in effect for 6 months. This is his second offense, but the first between us. We went to court in December and the order of protection was granted. and since that date he has refused to make his portion of any of the bills including the house payment. He still owes bills from November as well. He has several animals on the property that I am forced to take care of including 1 horse, 2 dogs, 2 birds and 1 cat. I am supplying their food and water. He said I inherited the animals when I filed charges against him. I have made the payments on my own and have taken on a second job to keep the payments current. He has said that he will buy me out but now he has changed his mind and said he will buy me out only if I dismiss the order of protection. What recourse do I have? I feel that he is still liable for his portion of the bills. He doesn't seem to care about his credit if this were to go into foreclosure or If I had to file bankruptcy. I will not let the house go into foreclosure nor will I consider bankruptcy. As I want to protect my credit and myself. This is placing a tremendous amount of undue stress on myself. Can you please offer some advice?

[Edited by cjf111 on 03-24-2001 at 02:48 PM]

L

lawrat

well, I admire your strength and honor! You should keep the house and he needs to pay. HE cannot bribe/blackmail you into dropping criminal charges in exchange.

Soo.....what do I say? You need to do a couple of things, and I suggest in this order:

1) Go to consumer credit counseling -- free services offered countrywide. Explain the animal situation (you may be forced to sell the horse).

2) contact a lawyer who will try to help garnish his wages, put a lien on his property or something to that effect. Many attorneys offer free consultations so choose wisely. http://www.attorneypages.com or your state bar association.

C

cjf111

Thank You for the information

I just wantted to say thank you or responding so quickly with the information. I will take your advice and hopefully I can make things better soon. they can't get any worse. I have another question regarding your reply, Since the animals are his to begin with, could I be held liable by him if I had to sell them? they are registered breeding dogs.

L

lawrat

as to the animals, talk to the legal services offered by consumer credit counseling. the animal might be considered abandoned by true owner.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">