• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rdt_handyman

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)\

Pennsylavnia

Ok my stepdaughter had an accident with my other step daughter.
the driver does not live with us but the younger does. i am being billed by the hospital for my younger stepdaughter's emergency visit that my health insurance also denied. The driver's insurance is saying that is my wife's auto insurance that should pay for this because my wife's daughter lives with us. she is not under my wife's insurance because she doesn't drive. Isn't the driver's insurance supposed to be responsible for medical bills for a person traveling in the car at the time of the accident. What does my wife's has to do with it.

JETX

The driver's insurance is saying that is my wife's auto insurance that should pay for this because my wife's daughter lives with us. she is not under my wife's insurance because she doesn't drive.
Hmmmm... why would your wife have insurance... when she doesn't drive?? Sounds like they might have caught you in insurance fraud (using wife for insurance premiums for daughters 'coverage')??

ecmst12

JETX you are misunderstanding - the DAUGHTER doesn't drive, but her medical bills should be covered by her mom's PIP coverage, because PA is a no-fault state. For a passenger, the passenger's own auto coverage or the coverage of a member of her household comes before the driver's coverage. She doesn't have to be named on the policy for the coverage to be in place.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">