• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Assault or attempted murder?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teala

New York

It's kind of a long story, but to make it short, this girl stole my friend's boyfriend, so to get revenge my friend did something to make her become very ill. My friend used to do drugs and so a friend of hers who also did drugs, found out that he was HIV positive, so he asked him for a sample of his blood that she drew with a syringe and a few days later, waited outside of the place the other girl worked and stuck her with the needle and injected the HIV blood into that girl as she was getting into her car and ran away. The girl did not know who did that to her or what was injected to her, but she did call the police and they are investigating.

If the police were to find out she did that, would it be considered attempted murder or assault? People these days don't die from AIDS anymore and she isn't going to die anytime soon, however, she might get very ill. What charges could be brought against her?

As a matter of fact, people DO die of AIDS. There is no cure and treatment is nothing more than a matter of prolonging life. Being HIV positive is a death sentance. I hope your friend gets put away for murder, it is what she deserves and nothing less. Along with the friend whose blood she got since it would have to be obvious why it was wanted. Your friend has no business EVER being free to walk the streets for the remainder of her life. EVER.

Last edited:
New York

It's kind of a long story, but to make it short, this girl stole my friend's boyfriend, so to get revenge my friend did something to make her become very ill. My friend used to do drugs and so a friend of hers who also did drugs, found out that he was HIV positive, so he asked him for a sample of his blood that she drew with a syringe and a few days later, waited outside of the place the other girl worked and stuck her with the needle and injected the HIV blood into that girl as she was getting into her car and ran away. The girl did not know who did that to her or what was injected to her, but she did call the police and they are investigating.

If the police were to find out she did that, would it be considered attempted murder or assault? People these days don't die from AIDS anymore and she isn't going to die anytime soon, however, she might get very ill. What charges could be brought against her?
Your friend is scum and a loser and you are known by the company you keep. Why do you want to be friends with someone like this? Yuck. No one can 'steal' a boyfriend. They aren't property, they're people and they make their own decisions. If your friend wants to be upset with someone she should be upset with her boyfriend, not the girl he's with now.

Personally, I hope your friend is put away for a long, long time.

Teala

well, actually, what the girl, "Sarah," did was really messed up. The three of us grew up together and had been friends for a really long time. My friend who we'll call "Amanda" was her best friend.

Amanda was engaged to her boyfriend and was making all the wedding plans at the time Sarah needed a place to stay, so she let Sarah move in while she looked for a job. Amanda didn't know that her boyfriend and Sarah were messing around while she was at work, until she came home from work early one day and caught them. Instead of trying to work things out with Amanda or even apologizing, they both just packed their things and moved out leaving Amanda without an explanation or nothing. Neither one of them spoke to her again for several months because they got a place together and had begun seeing each other. Apparently, the engagement was off and Amanda was devastated and heartbroken. She couldn't understand how the two people she trusted most in this world could do this to her and not even care. She was trying to help Sarah and this is how she repaid her?

I'm not saying what she did was right at all, but she lost her fiance and best friend and she wanted them to pay for what they did to her. Now they are both going to get really sick eventually.

I doubt there will be any way to prove what was in that syringe since any chemical tests will come up with nothing and there's no way to prove she didn't contract the HIV virus on her own. Not only that, but it is going to take 3 months for her to even test positive for HIV. I don't think they have much evidence and at best, they might be able to find out it was her if there were any cameras in the parking lot, but they will never be able to prove what was in the syringe or where it came from. Besides, Amanda doesn't have the virus herself. She feels really bad about it now, but what's done is done. I know it sounds horrible, but Amanda is not a bad person at heart, she just acted on her emotions that night. Isn't there a defense for crimes of passion?

Just Blue

well, actually, what the girl, "Sarah," did was really messed up. The three of us grew up together and had been friends for a really long time. My friend who we'll call "Amanda" was her best friend.

Amanda was engaged to her boyfriend and was making all the wedding plans at the time Sarah needed a place to stay, so she let Sarah move in while she looked for a job. Amanda didn't know that her boyfriend and Sarah were messing around while she was at work, until she came home from work early one day and caught them. Instead of trying to work things out with Amanda or even apologizing, they both just packed their things and moved out leaving Amanda without an explanation or nothing. Neither one of them spoke to her again for several months because they got a place together and had begun seeing each other. Apparently, the engagement was off and Amanda was devastated and heartbroken. She couldn't understand how the two people she trusted most in this world could do this to her and not even care. She was trying to help Sarah and this is how she repaid her?

I'm not saying what she did was right at all, but she lost her fiance and best friend and she wanted them to pay for what they did to her. Now they are both going to get really sick eventually.

I doubt there will be any way to prove what was in that syringe since any chemical tests will come up with nothing and there's no way to prove she didn't contract the HIV virus on her own. Not only that, but it is going to take 3 months for her to even test positive for HIV. I don't think they have much evidence and at best, they might be able to find out it was her if there were any cameras in the parking lot, but they will never be able to prove what was in the syringe or where it came from. Besides, Amanda doesn't have the virus herself. She feels really bad about it now, but what's done is done. I know it sounds horrible, but Amanda is not a bad person at heart, she just acted on her emotions that night. Isn't there a defense for crimes of passion?
Are you freaking kidding? You think a "good" person would murder TWO people over a lost boyfriend and friendship?????? You are as sick as your twisted friend.

Teala

Your friend is scum and a loser and you are known by the company you keep. Why do you want to be friends with someone like this? Yuck. No one can 'steal' a boyfriend. They aren't property, they're people and they make their own decisions. If your friend wants to be upset with someone she should be upset with her boyfriend, not the girl he's with now.

Personally, I hope your friend is put away for a long, long time.
She is not scum or a loser. I mean what would you do in her situation? She was very devastated and angry. She's not a bad person, she just made a really bad decision that she now regrets. She even told me that when they do become really sick, she is going to feel sooo guilty. No one deserves to get sick like that and it's crazy what she did, but I know her better than you and there are a lot of good things about her too...

Just Blue

She is not scum or a loser. I mean what would you do in her situation? She was very devastated and angry. She's not a bad person, she just made a really bad decision that she now regrets. She even told me that when they do become really sick, she is going to feel sooo guilty. No one deserves to get sick like that and it's crazy what she did, but I know her better than you and there are a lot of good things about her too...
Oh...Just shut up. Go away. Find another forum to blather your crap to.

Flippin' nut job...

Teala

I do not want to see my best friend go to jail. What she did isn't like her. I've known her since I was 6. I don't agree with what she did at all, but I understand how hurt she was from what happened and I know she wishes she could take it back. I love her like a sister. I just want to know if they could try to call it murder if they were able to bring charges against her.

Teala

Lol, yeah right. I wasn't there and I had nothing to do with it myself, but my best friend tells me everything. I am just trying to help her, because she is really worried about what could happen... and I didn't want to say it, but I kind of think those two deserved what they got. My friend was sooo happy about getting married and of all people, one of her best friends? And I am not a nut job, you are, for being on here and not giving me any advice? Don't you know the law? Would this qualify as a crime of passion do you think?

Proserpina

Lol, yeah right. I wasn't there and I had nothing to do with it myself, but my best friend tells me everything. I am just trying to help her, because she is really worried about what could happen... and I didn't want to say it, but I kind of think those two deserved what they got.
Unfortunately quoted for posterity.

My friend was sooo happy about getting married and of all people, one of her best friends? And I am not a nut job, you are, for being on here and not giving me any advice? Don't you know the law? Would this qualify as a crime of passion do you think?
No.

Quite simply.

Proserpina

Yes, and Hitler loved his dog.

Proserpina

And now taking each part separately:

New York

It's kind of a long story, but to make it short, this girl stole my friend's boyfriend,
No she did not. He is not a pack of gum. Your friend's boyfriend was apparently quite willing to hop over the other side of the fence. Quit rationalizing.

so to get revenge my friend did something to make her become very ill. My friend used to do drugs and so a friend of hers who also did drugs, found out that he was HIV positive, so he asked him for a sample of his blood that she drew with a syringe and a few days later, waited outside of the place the other girl worked and stuck her with the needle and injected the HIV blood into that girl as she was getting into her car and ran away. The girl did not know who did that to her or what was injected to her, but she did call the police and they are investigating.
Luckily for your friend HIV cannot live outside of the body for that long.

If it were up to me, attempted murder, assault with deadly weapon and "you're a psychopath". Unfortunately the latter is not a crime.

Not that any of this actually happened - but it was an interesting read nonetheless.

Teala

won't anyone give me some decent legal advice to give my friend? The point is not whether what she did was right or wrong, but does it constitute murder legally? I mean they are not going to die anytime soon. How can you charge someone with murder without a body, no one's dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">