• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wedding Photographer Died

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SteveBC

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts

I got married in 2007 and was a bit tardy in getting my albums ordered from my photographer. Unfortunately, I just contacted the photographer and was told that he died in 2008 and since he did this as a part-time business out of his home his wife as no experience or knowledge in helping us get what we want. I did receive my proof album but nothing else. What are my options? Can sue the wife since I can not get access to my negatives or finish getting my albums?

JETX

I got married in 2007 and was a bit tardy in getting my albums ordered from my photographer. Unfortunately, I just contacted the photographer
A "bit tardy"!! :eek:

and was told that he died in 2008 and since he did this as a part-time business out of his home his wife as no experience or knowledge in helping us get what we want. I did receive my proof album but nothing else. What are my options?
If you hadn't been so 'tardy', you might have been able to make a 'claim' against his estate.... but the time for that has clearly passed.

How much money are you talking about??
Do you have a WRITTEN contract as to what was promised to be provided and records of the costs (paid and owed)??

Can sue the wife since I can not get access to my negatives or finish getting my albums?
Anyone can sue just about anyone else claiming just about anything.... but unless the widows name is on the contract.... she has no obligation to you.

I would suggest you contact the widow and try to negotiate some way to get the negatives and, if she agrees, to take them somewhere else to be printed. Unlikely that you will obtain any 'finished products' from her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">