• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

School Buses

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
What's your point? Your question makes no sense.

Many schools are private and I'm sure at some point have school buses on their property. So?

fatcat11188

Bus

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My property in front of my house is 60 feet. Just confirmed with a surveyor. However, without my knowledge.. never disclosed when I purchased my house a year ago.. there is an easment on one of the sides of the house with my neighbor so that he could have a "legal driveway." He is parking a school bus that fills up my kitchen with diesel fumes and wakes me up at 7am every morning with the back up alarms that radiate throughout my house. He is using the easement (Which I am trying to find out if it is even legal) to park a town school bus on. NOT his personal cars which was the purpose of the easement in the first place (which is my understanding). It makes a big difference if that easement is created for a school bus or a small car. And is it safe to be breathing in diesel fumes 4 times a day. I have pets and am home most times that bus is turned on and running. Are people allowed to have buses on private property? Techincally the land is mine but he is creating a larger easement than what was originally assumed I believe. (Remember I was never told about this when I purchased this house)

CdwJava

As long as there is no other ordinance or state that restricts the parking of commercial vehicles or busses in the area, it sounds legal to me. It might be annoying and rude, but it doesn't sound unlawful.

If there is no legal prohibition to his use of the easement to park the bus, he can.

Have you checked with your city's planning department or the police department?

fatcat11188

Bus

It is becoming unhealthy to breathe diesel fumes in. It sits right next to my kitchen. I can not find any thing about school buses in MA, and unfortunetly I live in a small knit community and if I went to the police department word would get around too quickly that I was inquiring about this. Which will cause WW#

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Why would diesel vapors be a problem? Does he idle the engine for periods of time?

Forget about the school bus angle. But you may have a local or state ordinance which prohibits engine idling (especially diesel engine idling) for more than a few minutes. If such a statute exists the time limit is probably around 5 minutes.

divona2000

...without my knowledge.. never disclosed when I purchased my house a year ago.. there is an easment on one of the sides of the house with my neighbor so that he could have a "legal driveway."...He is using the easement (Which I am trying to find out if it is even legal) to park a town school bus on. NOT his personal cars which was the purpose of the easement in the first place (which is my understanding). ...Techincally the land is mine but he is creating a larger easement than what was originally assumed I believe...
What is the exact wording of this easement?
Does it actually allow for vehicle parking, or is it just egress/ingress?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">