• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quiet Title & Deed History inheritance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cicero54

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Greetings,
I have just inherited about .5 acre from my great uncle. It is bordered with a county road on the back and park lands on the left and right with an owner of about .33 acre to the front. The owner of the .33 acre and my great uncle have been in conflict of ownership of the entire real property for some years. My G uncle has had a preliminary survey but cannot get a final survey until a quiet title case is performed. I would like to know how to find the Deed history as my great uncle has always felt he had senior rights to the deed to the entire property. What should I prepare my attorneys so I don't have to spend too much on this if possible. The owner of the .33-according to my g.u.- never proved that their deed was complete. What do the terms "colored title", or "clouded title" and may they have some relationship with this? Also any info as to transfer my name onto the deed would be of assistance also,

Thanks all.
C

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">