• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New trees planted on my property in TN?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Slimjim

Need Help desperately! We bought a corner lot in a sud-division in Tn. 10 yrs. ago, but last yr. our neighbor passed away and since then a Realty co. has his house up for sale, when we bought ours in the paperwork there was a photo copy of a Survey along with measurement's both with latitude & Longtitude as well as told us the distance of our property in feet from our house as to where the Neighbors property line starts!
For the last yr. a Landscaping Co. hired by the Realty Co. comes about once a month and trims his bushes and has also cuts some of his Trees as well as cuts the Grass.
This morning after i came from Church there were 3 Evergreen Trees about 3 feet high planted in a straight line about 4 feet apart to mark the Property line, problem is the Trees are 5 Feet on my side, but even if they were right on the line, within a couple of yrs. the limbs would be on my side!
I will contact the Realty Co. in the next few days and tell them this, but what is the law as to how close near a neighbors line you can Plant Trees?
I know one is not allowed to have a Pond or Pool within 6 feet of a Fence!
But surely one can not plant a Tree right at the property line, since the Limbs will be hanging over on the Neighbors and Evergreens grow fast and always have limbs from the ground on up.
Where can i get some info on these type of Laws? I been on the net for hrs. but cant find any answer's for my situation and really cant afford a Lawyer!
There is no Home-Owners Ass. in our Sub-division.
Thank You!

JETX

what is the law as to how close near a neighbors line you can Plant Trees?
They can plant the trees on THEIR property. That means that yes, the limbs/branches can extend over your property.

But surely one can not plant a Tree right at the property line, since the Limbs will be hanging over on the Neighbors and Evergreens grow fast and always have limbs from the ground on up.
Surely, they can!!

justalayman

and you have every right to trim the branches that extend onto your property.

So, the neighbors end up with trees that are flat on one side. Looks kind of funny but you wouldn't be the first with flat trees due to a situation such as this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">