• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Justice system seems wrong?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bad_driver

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tn.

I recieved a speeding ticket 4 yrs ago which I never paid...(I know I know..) & 2 years ago I got pulled over & was charged with driving on a suspended license & was given a 11 29 suspended sentance 1yr Probation....I paid all my fines,tickets & reinstated my liscense but apparrently did not pay all my probation fees....Well on labor day I was pulled over for speeding & arrested for violation of probation!....Now I am looking at spending a year in jail!

My question is this do you think this judge would really send me to jail for a year?

I am 34yrs old, have 3 kids, same job for 5 yrs,mortgage,truck payment...etc.

And I have never been in anykind of trouble before....Jeesh this just seems really extreme for a minor traffic violation. Ive seen drug dealers walk away with less!!!...Court is tomorrow & I am worried to death

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tn.

I recieved a speeding ticket 4 yrs ago which I never paid...(I know I know..) & 2 years ago I got pulled over & was charged with driving on a suspended license & was given a 11 29 suspended sentance 1yr Probation....I paid all my fines,tickets & reinstated my liscense but apparrently did not pay all my probation fees....Well on labor day I was pulled over for speeding & arrested for violation of probation!....Now I am looking at spending a year in jail!

My question is this do you think this judge would really send me to jail for a year?

I am 34yrs old, have 3 kids, same job for 5 yrs,mortgage,truck payment...etc.

And I have never been in anykind of trouble before....Jeesh this just seems really extreme for a minor traffic violation. Ive seen drug dealers walk away with less!!!...Court is tomorrow & I am worried to death
I suggest you take your checkbook with you to court. This could have all been avoided had you paid what was due.

eta...the only "wrong" I can see is that you and others like you don't pay what you owe and then cry about the consequences later.

bad_driver

I suggest you take your checkbook with you to court. This could have all been avoided had you paid what was due.

eta...the only "wrong" I can see is that you and others like you don't pay what you owe and then cry about the consequences later.
Sometimes it's difficult to pay whats due....I work my butt off to barely make ends meet. I know I was wrong...It just seems these consequenses are a bit extreme.

But yeah your right....If you have enough money you can walk out of a courtroom untouched....Great system we have here

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">