• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Offer Letter that was taken back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Razmataz

Hey There,

About a month ago I got an offer by a major brokerage firm for an excellent opportunity. I quit my job and told them I'd start on 3/26 (Monday) on 3/23 they called and said that they restructed and can no longer offer me the position. They offered no compensation and I can't get unemployment because I quit my old job and never worked for this major company. What legal recourses do I have?

FYI: I live in New York City.

Any help is apprecaited.

Thanks,
Tim

D

D. D. Lessenberry

Razmataz said:
Hey There,

About a month ago I got an offer by a major brokerage firm for an excellent opportunity. I quit my job and told them I'd start on 3/26 (Monday) on 3/23 they called and said that they restructed and can no longer offer me the position. They offered no compensation and I can't get unemployment because I quit my old job and never worked for this major company. What legal recourses do I have?

FYI: I live in New York City.

Any help is apprecaited.

Thanks,
Tim
If there was no written offer, and you did not sign and return an "acceptance" of this written offer, there was no contract.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">