• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Assault on me at IHOP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

deerhunt1985

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TN

Hi,
on october 31st i was assaulted by an off duty officer at the ihop in millington tn, statements were filled out and photos were takin of the injury to the back of my head. when the tapes of the altercation were brought up, the manager at ihop said the cameras wasnt recording. Well after this was discovered immediate doubt seems to be placed on me and is now being called a "minor" situation and is a he said he said case, and was quoted in the covington leader that it is pretty much a wash! now ive been told over and over that we both could be charged,i understand this, and im to the point that if that has to happen for justice to be served then so be it. i am 100% sure of my innocence in this matter, this officer has a numerous amounts of altercations where he has been put on leave for investigation, hes been demoted and promoted a few times, this is a regular occurance with this individual, his last statements is this is a case of retaliation but im sorry this is not retaliation of no kind, the last arrest this guy made on me was 3-5yrs ago im not exactly sure but this is not the case....im looking for someone that is willing to try to find a tape from a neighbor buisness of ihop that can prove everything im saying to the T.....im not at all concerned about my innocence being in question and i have people standing behind me financialy backing and this is why i am searching for legal counsil.These are all things that are obvious to you but i thought i would point them out.(1)this guy is a 15 yr veteran,if i assaulted him why wouldnt he call the authorities?(2)why would he "flee" the schene?(3)i stayed to file police reports(4)if he felt he was intimidated enough that he had to neutralize the situation, why would he just go home??he woulnt he would have me arrested.....also i may have hard proof of this officer at a bar called xxx in millington drunk singing karaoke falling down, im waiting to hear back from the individual that has it recorded..of course you probaly could obtain this video from xxs....this is just a little to try to get my story out to you and see if you interested in representing me if needed, we have to go to court nov.12th at 5:30...im not sure what its about, i think to let the judge hear our case.

what can i do to

Last edited by a moderator:

deerhunt1985

how can this be possible? how can this guy still be on the force after the previous altercations? and how can i prove my point??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">