• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need help with info

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jack1010

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? new jersey
I was making a left turn in an intersection when a car coming from the opposite direction came thru a red light and hit me head on.That driver was issued a summons for reckless driving and I was issued one for careless driving. My questions are 1) does this sound right even though she went thru a red light, and 2) should I get a lawyer for the hearing?

JustAPal00

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? new jersey
I was making a left turn in an intersection when a car coming from the opposite direction came thru a red light and hit me head on.That driver was issued a summons for reckless driving and I was issued one for careless driving. My questions are 1) does this sound right even though she went thru a red light, and 2) should I get a lawyer for the hearing?
Did you have a red light too, or did you have a green arrow?

ecmst12

The best possible outcome will be 50-50 fault for both of you. Majority of fault is not going to go to him since you hadn't gotten most of the way through the intersection (else he would have hit you in the side) and you still had the duty to yield to all traffic going straight through.

UNLESS you had a green arrow and have a witness to prove it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">