• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Condo LLC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Condo2228

I live in NY and own a condo in FL with a value of $200,000 and a remaining mortgage of $120,000, which I have been unable to sell and the current costs/fees are drowning me. Can I set up an LLC and sell 3 equal investments at $50,000 each, so that there would now be 4 equal owners/partners of the condo that would equally share in the condo's usage, costs, potential rental income, and eventual profit from its sale in the future when the real estate market improves. I have 3 friends who have an interest in this as an investment. I could use the $150,000 investment to pay off the mortgage.
Is an LLC a good idea in my case, is it easy to set up and if so, how can I set one up?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

FlyingRon

Does your financing have a due-on-sale clause?
What does the condo rules say about this sort of thing?
Why do you need an LLC? The four could just be tenants in common.
A lawyer should be able to advise as well as setting up the LLC or other corporation and making sure the deed gets transferred properly to protect
you and your suckers...I mean investors.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">