• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit a dog

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ogna

I am located in Florida. I hit a dog at 10 mph or so, and the dog is fine, and I am fine.

My car is damaged and I am wondering if it is the fault of the owner, the dogs were not on a leash and they were running around on the street at night. Does the owner have to pay for this? He does not have homeowners insurance and I really don't know where to go from here.

Thanks for any help

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I am located in Florida. I hit a dog at 10 mph or so, and the dog is fine, and I am fine.

My car is damaged and I am wondering if it is the fault of the owner, the dogs were not on a leash and they were running around on the street at night. Does the owner have to pay for this? He does not have homeowners insurance and I really don't know where to go from here.

Thanks for any help
Sue the bad guy in small claims court. But really...at 10mph with no injuries to the animal...how much damage can you have?

Ogna

It is an Audi- nuff said lol

dent in hood, light is out of place and front bumber is cracked and a part fell off, and its an audi.. expensive thank you all for the fast response!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
It is an Audi- nuff said lol

dent in hood, light is out of place and front bumber is cracked and a part fell off, and its an audi.. expensive thank you all for the fast response!
Well - you are entitled to recover any damages caused by you striking the dog.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">