• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Loud and Disruptive Neighbors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PeacenBalance

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania
:( I have a neighbor who would constantly yell and talk very loudly in our hallway (I am in a highrise building - a full time student) I never complained. This summer she got a new dog and would very loudly call to her dog before she got into her apartment. (This woman is almost 50) One day I asked if she could not yell so loudly - long story short she got louder and was finally fined by our building manager for having a dog. Now she only speaks loudly when she passes my door about other things. This is very disruptive to me because I spend most of my day studying. Unfortunately, one day we got into a huge argument after which she apologized, now whenever she sees me she wants to talk. Major insanity!! I do not want to be friends with this woman. I would truly prefer that she not speak to me at all. I also do not want to move because I have another year and a half of school and living here is very convenient for me. Any ideas what I should do?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania
:( I have a neighbor who would constantly yell and talk very loudly in our hallway (I am in a highrise building - a full time student) I never complained. This summer she got a new dog and would very loudly call to her dog before she got into her apartment. (This woman is almost 50) One day I asked if she could not yell so loudly - long story short she got louder and was finally fined by our building manager for having a dog. Now she only speaks loudly when she passes my door about other things. This is very disruptive to me because I spend most of my day studying. Unfortunately, one day we got into a huge argument after which she apologized, now whenever she sees me she wants to talk. Major insanity!! I do not want to be friends with this woman. I would truly prefer that she not speak to me at all. I also do not want to move because I have another year and a half of school and living here is very convenient for me. Any ideas what I should do?
Say, "Bye gotta go"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">