• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

personal injury claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rcooper57

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? california. We were rear ended and now currently seeing a chiropractor. Me and my passenger doesnt really want/need a lawyer since it was proven that it wasn't our fault. i would like to know if i can represent myself and my passenger on our personal injury claim. What kind of form can i submit to the insurance of the party that was at fault to let them know that my passenger wants to get represented by me and to stop them from calling us. Can the insurance company force us to settle for so less (e.g $300 each). The accident just happened about 2 weeks ago and we've only been seeing the chiropractor for a few times. We currently still suffering some bodily injuries such back, neck, muscle ache.

ecmst12

You can NOT represent your passenger, you can only represent yourself. YOU are not a lawyer. He can represent himself. There is no form. Inform the insurance company that you were injured and are seeking treatment. When treatment is COMPLETE, you can submit all the bills to them at once with a demand letter for what you feel is a fair settlement. DO NOT expect a large amount of money if all you have is the typical soft tissue injuries that heal after a few weeks or months of treatment. You do not need to speak to them at all in between informing them of your claim and the time you are ready to settle - just of course remember the SOL.

rcooper57

personal injury

thank you but what is an SOL? How can i recover from my expenses to my passenger afterwards because it seems to me that i am the one who is all responsible for all the bills being incurred for her. She's under on everything to me such as to my primary health insurance.

ecmst12

You shouldn't be incurring any expenses for your passenger unless she's your child.

SOL is statute of limitations, the amount of time you have to file a lawsuit for injuries. In CA this is 2 years.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">