• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Two ticket “Unlicensed driver” and “leaving the scene”

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

leveltsp

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

1. I and my neighbor tried to test his vehicle in Highland Park (my neighbor has more than 5 drive license). When I drove the car from a parallel park place, my neighbor was sitting at the right seat. Unfortunately, the right head of our car scrubbed the left back of a front vehicle. Since my car at that time has entered the road and blocked the traffic. So we moved forward the car some distance to avoid the traffic and then forthwith returned to original place of my cars. When we returned, however, a witness has called the police. Then we waited for the police.
2. After several minutes, the police came and inquired us and the witness. I explained police about the whole accident “No any injury, we forthwith returned the scene and waited for police; I showed learning permit”. Although I didn’t take my learning permit at that time of accident, but I immediately token out learning permit from my home amd show it to officer, he wrote down the Number of learning permit in the ticket. The police finally gave me two tickets: One is “Unlicensed driver”, another is “leaving the scene”.
I want to plead not guilty and did not affect my drive license application. How can I do it? Whether do I need to hire a lawyer to defense it? Whether is it possible to be degrade the charges into two minor offense. “Unlicensed driver” into “failure to exhibit documents” ; and “leaving the scene” into “failure to report accident”?
ThanksWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

ecmst12

It sounds like english is not your first language, so I would definitely suggest getting a lawyer to help you fight this. It will cost some money but overcoming the communication barrier in court will be difficult yourself. You can probably find a lawyer who speaks the same language as you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">