• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rdanzeris

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
A drunk driver, committed a hit and run damaging 5 parked cars one which was mine, his insurance totaled my vehicle. I did not have insurance. Farmers insurance is now stating that they are not able to accept responsibility. The driver is a 19 year old, whom was driving his brothers vehicle, and the brother and the driver are under a family policy with Farmers. The driver lives at home. Myself and two other victims are without transportation and are finding Farmers Representatives difficult to reach or to find out any progress on this claim. Should I look into hiring an attorney? I was told that the driver had minimum coverage, so all of the damages may not be covered. I realize that it would have been in my best interest to have insurance coverage.

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
A drunk driver, committed a hit and run damaging 5 parked cars one which was mine, his insurance totaled my vehicle. I did not have insurance. Farmers insurance is now stating that they are not able to accept responsibility. The driver is a 19 year old, whom was driving his brothers vehicle, and the brother and the driver are under a family policy with Farmers. The driver lives at home. Myself and two other victims are without transportation and are finding Farmers Representatives difficult to reach or to find out any progress on this claim. Should I look into hiring an attorney? I was told that the driver had minimum coverage, so all of the damages may not be covered. I realize that it would have been in my best interest to have insurance coverage.
well, i go to be honest. i think a big part of the problem is you not having insurance. any damages you seek or attempt to seek, will have to come out of your pocket. which means, you will have to pay for an attorney yourself.

ecmst12

Minimum property damage coverage in CA is $5k. BEST case scenario, you get $1000. And that's assuming all cars were worth about the same amount or had about the same amount of damage. Unlikely that the owner or driver has much in the way of personal assets, either. Unfortunately, this isn't going to come out in a very good way for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">